Poker · Poker Guide

Poker Online – Tips for winning

9 great ways to win video poker online
If you think video poker is very tough to win – think again. It’s easier than you think and with a few handy tips you’re sure to win every game just like a pro. Here are the top 9 tips to help you be a winner:

  1. Improve your odds at the beginning
    One great way to improve your odds at winning is to tilt luck in your favor at the initial stages of play. One way to do this is by playing the highest paying machines at the beginning. Playing with the machine having the best possible payout really helps you improve your overall chances at winning the game.
  2. Play the maximum coins
    By playing the maximum possible number of coins, you increase your chances at getting a Royal Flush (which is the hardest to come by and the one with the most value). Many video poker machines are programmed to improve the quality of hands or increase the payout total when the maximum number of coins are played.
  3. Play for extended periods
    As they say, success comes through hard work and perseverance. This say is especially when it comes to playing video poker online where The chances of getting a Royal Flush are about 1:40000! Of course, a great deal of luck is involved (it IS gambling after all), but the more you play the greater your chances of achieving the Royal Flush! Knowing “when” to quite is just as important as knowing when to play. Be careful not to push yourself too hard or you may wind up losing everything.
  4. Patience is a virtue
    Especially in video poker. Before you jump into a game of video poker online, take some time to read strategy guides and work out a plan. Strategies will differ from one game to another, and video poker online entails different strategies than that of traditional poker. Don’t be overzealous in your quest to win. Without really thinking through a proper strategy, you could find yourself on the losing end of the game more than the winning end.
  5. Success comes at only 21%
    Yes, out of all the hands dealt to you, only 21% of these are known to be winning hands. To improve your chances at winning, you will need to know how to optimize the remaining 79% to the best hands possible.
  6. 9 for a full house, 6 for a flush
    It’s in your best interests to find a machine that will pay you 9 for a full house win and 6 for a flush. This will improve your overall chance of winning at the game.
  7. Play lower bets first
    If you’re fairly new to video poker online, it might make sense for you to stick to playing the lowest bet amount. Once you’re more confident you can move onto higher bets. The key is to work your way up to “expert” level by playing lower hands first to get a feel of the game. Once you’ve maximized your strategies, you can move into higher wagering.
  8. Observe every hand carefully
    You might just overlook a potential winning hand if you don’t evaluate it carefully. Video poker online makes it easy to quickly press a button or two and move onto the next hand. Don’t fall into the trap of the losing spiral where you just start to “not care” about the hands dealt. You’re playing for REAL money and you need to treat every game the same. Take your time, analyze EVERY hand dealt, and try to strategize the best possible combination from what you have.
  9. Jack card is more versatile
    Most players think that since the Ace card is of the highest value, it is also the most versatile. In theory it makes sense, and in some card games (such as Blackjack) it’s a true. However, in video poker online the most useful card is the Jack. Being somewhere in the higher end and also in the middle, it gives it more leeway to support other winning hands in video poker online.

Leave a Reply